A new wave of faster, cheaper, and more agile IT infrastructure offers innovative solutions to today’s expectations for reduced IS budgets, smaller IT teams, and accelerated return on investment. Customers, employees and management demand their content anywhere and anytime, expecting a secure and consistent experience. “Cloud” offers attractive and affordable solutions although the market is still evolving with many choices, challenges and risks.
These changes are impacting all of our clients and estrat has invested heavily in knowledge, skills and tools to assist in planning, designing and transitioning to Cloud and Next Generation Infrastructure solutions.
CLOUD AND NEXT GENERATION INFRASTRUCTURE
Our Cloud consulting team is engaged in many projects helping our clients to answer key questions like:
- How does Cloud support my business strategy?
- Which vendors are right for my needs?
- Which applications should I migrate and which should I keep on-premise?
- What will the experience be like for my users?
- How will this impact my IT staff?
- What are the risks, and what happens if it doesn’t work out with my supplier?
- Will my ERP work in the Cloud?
- What is the business case, and will my business save money?
Our Cloud expertise includes:
- Matching applications, systems, and platforms to optimal Cloud options and combinations (IaaS, SaaS, mixed- mode etc).
- Solution design, and vendor evaluation and selection.
- Business case development, and alignment of business and IT strategy.
- Cloud readiness assessments.
- Hosting and data centre optimisation.
- Organisational impact assessment and redesign.
- Migration, coexistence, stabilisation and risk management strategies.
All of this is built upon our competence in Next Generation Infrastructure consulting and solution architecture across:
- High performance virtualised platforms.
- Unified communications.
- Application and bandwidth optimisation.
- SAP infrastructure and HANA.
- Internet of Things.
- Desktop harmonisation (SOE and VDI).
- Mobility solutions.
Our client engagements cross over many industries and include a broad spectrum of consulting activities including:
- IT strategic planning.
- Solution design.
- Transition and change management programs.
- Organisational and IS support structure design.
- Sourcing strategy.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Compliance and risk advisory.